OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
“H&M” and Metro Contest Rules and Regulations
1. Description: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. “Metro Day at H&M” Metro contest (the “Contest”) commences 12:01am (EST) on September 16th 2013 and ends 11:59pm (EST) on September 18th 2013 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is brought to you by The Free Daily News Group Inc. (the “Sponsor”). By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and accept these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”), which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually by posting changes to http://www.clubmetro.com.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the greater Halifax, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton areas who have attained the age of majority in their province of residence as of the first day of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, H&M, or suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of, or those who reside with, the Contest Entities. Each entrant may enter once per day during the Contest Period. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Illegible entries, bulk drop offs, other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified
3. Entry: To enter the Contest, visit http://www.clubmetro.com, click on the Contest link, fill out the Contest entry form, and select the “”Submit” button to enter.
In each city (Halifax, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton), there are three winners. Each winner will receive a $100 H&M gift card. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is: One hundred Dollars ($100).
All prizes are herein referred to individually as “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes.”
5. Draw: Random draws for the Prizes will take place in Toronto, Ontario on or about September 19th, 2013. The potential winners will be contacted via telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor and must be reached within 24 hours to maintain eligibility. In order to be declared a winner by the Sponsor, a potential winner must be in compliance with these Rules and correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question that will be administered over the phone or in writing. In the event that a potential Prize winner does not comply with these Rules or is not reachable within the notification period referred to above, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared.
6. Release: Prior to receiving a Prize, the winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release form releasing the Contest Entities from all liability relating to the Contest and the acceptance of any Prize, confirming compliance with the Rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsors and/or their advertising and promotional agencies.
By participating in the Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages, or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Contest and/or related to any Prize.
7. Privacy: Sponsor will use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting Prize winners. In addition, Sponsor may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers (“Marketing Offers”) if you opt-in to receive marketing messages from Sponsor. If after you opt-in you no longer wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by: following the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offer you receive or emailing email@example.com and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers. The Contest is run in compliance with the Free Daily Newsgroup privacy code, which may be found in full at http://metronews.ca/privacy-code/
8. Banning: Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law and ban or disqualify such persons from this Contest and future contests.
9. Delivery: Each Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein and costs associated with delivery. Prize winners are solely responsible for arranging for the pickup and claiming of all Prizes from the participating Sponsor Office and are solely responsible for any and all costs associated with delivery. Each winner will receive an email from Metro with details on how to collect the Prize. In addition, Sponsor will provide the applicable Prize providers with the winner’s contact information, as completed on their entry form, so that the Sponsor may contact the winner directly to complete the details of the Prize redemption. If the winner is unable or unwilling to claim their Prize within 7 days or before offer expiry, for any reason, the next eligible entry selected by random draw will be contacted and the first entrant will have no further claim to the Prize. The Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, mail or courier Prizes, and are not responsible for unclaimed Prizes. If mailed or couriered, the Sponsor shall not be responsible for any loss, theft or damages that may occur to any Prize.
10. General: All decisions of the Contest judge and/or Sponsor are final. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Rules or any decision rendered by the Contest judge and/or Sponsor, the decision of the Contest judge and/or Sponsor shall prevail. The Contest is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Rules at any time without notice. All Prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize or portion of any Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All Prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer’s warranty. The odds of winning depend on how many eligible entries are received. Sponsor is not liable for any lost or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this contest, including technical failures on the part of contest software, virus, website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant.
11. Other: This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All Prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. Sponsor is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on the website or Contest software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
//End of Official Rules//