OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
“Festival du Voyageur” Contest Rules and Regulations
1. Description: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. “Festival du Voyageur” contest (the “Contest”) commences 12:01am (EST) on February 11, 2014 and ends 11:59pm (EST) on February 14, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is brought to you by The Free Daily News Group Inc. and Conseil Jeunesse. (collectively, the “Sponsors”). By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and accept these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”), which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually by posting changes to http://www.clubmetro.com.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the greater Winnipeg area excluding all residents of the Province of Quebec, who have attained the age of majority in their province of residence as of the first day of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsors and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of, or those who reside with, the Excluded Individuals. Each entrant may enter once per day during the Contest Period. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Illegible entries, bulk drop offs, other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified
3. Entry: To enter the Contest, visit http://www.clubmetro.com, click on the contest link, fill out the contest entry form, and select the “”Submit” button to enter
A one week pass for 2 to the Festival du Voyageur in Winnipeg, MB.
Prize valued at approximately $28.00/each
5. Draw: Random draws for the Prizes will take place in Winnipeg, Manitoba on February 14, 2014. The potential winners will be contacted via telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsors and must be reached within 24 hours to maintain eligibility. In order to be declared a winner by the Sponsors, a potential winner must be in compliance with these Rules and correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question. In the event that a potential prize winner does not comply with these Rules or is not reachable within the notification period referred to above, the Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared.
6. Release: Prior to receiving a prize, the winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsors from all liability relating to the Contest and the acceptance of any prize, confirming compliance with the Rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsors and/or their advertising and promotional agencies.
7. Privacy: We use your personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners. In addition, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by: following the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offer you receive or emailing email@example.com and requesting that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers. The contest is run in compliance with the Free Daily Newsgroup privacy code, which may be found in full at http://metronews.ca/privacy-code/
8. Banning: Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law and ban or disqualify such persons from this and future contests.
9. Delivery: The Prize Winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein and costs associated with delivery. Prize Winners are solely responsible for arranging for the pickup and claim of all prizes from the participating Metro Office and is solely responsible for any and all costs associated with delivery. The winner will receive an email from Metro with details on how to collect the prize. In addition, Metro will provide the applicable prize providers with the winner’s contact information, as completed on their entry form, so that the Sponsors may contact the winner directly to complete the details of the prize redemption. If the winner is unable or unwilling to claim their Prize within 7 days or before offer expiry, for any reason, the next eligible entry selected by random draw will be contacted and the first entrant will have no further claim to the prize. The Sponsors may, but are not obligated to mail or courier prizes, and are not responsible for unclaimed prizes. If mailed or couriered, the Sponsors shall not be responsible for any loss, theft or damages that may occur to any prize.
10. General: All decisions of the Contest judge and/or Sponsors are final. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Rules or any decision rendered by the Contest judge and/or Sponsors, the decision of the Contest judge and/or Sponsors shall prevail. The Contest is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any prize or portion of any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer’s warranty. The odds of winning depend on how many eligible entries are received. Sponsors are not liable for any lost or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this contest, including technical failures on the part of contest software, virus, website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant.
11. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed, beyond the standard manufacturer’s warranty. Sponsor is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on the website or Contest software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.